“If you have found yourself being the subject of an online reputation attack, with lies being spread about you over the internet, you will find that the most effective way of dealing with such menace is to simply ask that the website owner or the Internet Service Provider remove the libelous statements. Normally website owners and internet service providers are not willing to tolerate online abuse or risk getting involved in litigation which has probably got nothing to do with them anyway. You can normally obtain very useful information from the website owner because websites routinely require visitors and bloggers to register before posting content and sites usually can pinpoint the IP address where the defamatory posting originated. “
Legal Tip of The Day – Internet Defamation
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Right to be Forgotten
- CELEB TROLLS: WE’RE COMING TO GET YOU!
- What makes it worthwhile
- Ken Livingston anti-Semitic defence on LBC radio interview. What did Benjamin Netanyahu really say ?
- Bulk Personal Datasets collected by UK government includes solicitor client privileged information
- TalkTalk data breach can I leave TalkTalk?
- New Internet Trolls Law
Posts by date
- Harassment Lawyer Yair Cohen Helped Lindsey Goldrick Dean Win Freedom After 13 Years of Harassment 12/07/2018Harassment lawyer Yair Cohen took over the case from police after police gave up on pressing charges against the most … Continue reading → Continue reading →
- Administrators of Facebook fan pages are liable under GDPR 12/06/2018Is a Facebook fan page administrator liable under GDPR? according to the European Court, an administrator of a fan page …Continue reading →
- Social media content moderation and removal policies: Some rare insights – Yair Cohen 19/02/2018via Social media content moderation and removal policies: Some rare insights – Yair Cohen
- Right to be forgotten 21/11/2017How to make a successful right to be forgotten application. Three steps to making a successful Google right to be forgotten applicationContinue reading →
- Remove search results from Google worldwide 30/06/2017So where do Europeans stand in relation to the removal of Google search results worldwide? July 2017 update. From the …Continue reading →
- US Internet Law Attorney 27/01/2017US disclosure applications. UK lawyer who specialises in web disclosure applications in the USA. Website disclosure orders in the USA and UKContinue reading →
- Internet Law Leadership Summit 2016 USA 27/01/2017How is the right to be forgotten extended to the USA and what is Google doing about it. Yair Cohen …Continue reading →
- Yair Cohen new conversational book: The Net Is Closing, birth of the e-police 02/01/2017UK social media lawyer Yair Cohen celebrates his new book The Net Is Closing birth of the e-police. Source: Yair …Continue reading →